A healthy diet starts with your trip to the grocery store. Choosing the right foods can help you lose weight fast and attain a body that is healthier and more energized. In this article I will reveal several shopping tips which will help you get the most out of your low fat foods!
1. Stay away from vegetable oils, butters, margarine, mayo and high fat salad dressings. There are numerous low fat alternatives available. Make the switch to low fat mayo and low fat dressing. Almost every food out there has a healthier alternative.
2. When buying dairy products opt for low fat. 1% should be your choice.
3. Buy the leanest cuts of meat. You should eat plenty of fish, skinless chicken breast and beans in order to achieve your daily protein intake. You also need to remember that a single serving of meat is only 3 oz per meal.
4. Reduce the amount of snacks that you buy. Stay away from chips and sweets. Your worst enemies are salt and sugar. Be sure that you eat these sporadically. The best way to avoid snacking at home is to never buy junk food in the first place. Instead, buy low fat yogurt, whole grain crackers, low fat string cheese. There are many healthy snacks available for those who want to make a change.
5. Instead of refined grains buy whole grains. Refined grains are nothing more then empty calories. Make sure that you buy plenty of whole grains.
6. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water and avoid sugary and alcoholic beverages.
We all have heard the term empty calories. We know that it’s not something that we should be consuming but we really don’t know which foods we need to stay away from in order to avoid these common calorie treats. That’s why, in this article, I will reveal several foods which will help you better understand why these foods are referred to as empty calories.
1. Empty calorie foods are high in carbs, protein and fat and contain absolutely no vitamins, minerals or fiber. One of the best ways of describing these foods is with two words “junk food”.
2. Fries, fried chicken, chips and many other deep fried foods are all considered empty calories. They contain plenty of fat but no valuable nutrients.
3. Candy, soda, and other sweetened packaged foods are also known as empty calories. These often contain lots of sugar and colorings aside from the calories.
4. Beer, wine and all other alcoholic beverages. Have you every heard that alcohol can make you gain weight? That is why it is not encouraged for people who are trying to lose weight to drink. These drinks contain absolutely no vitamins, minerals or fiber and the calories from these beverages tend to be stored in the abdomen.
5. Refined grains, such as crackers, cookies, white noodles, white rice and white bread should be avoided. There is a reason why millions of us are switching to whole grains! The only thing you will get from the refined variety is a little bit of vitamin B.
These are just some of the shopping tips when on a diet. To lose weight fast you can also try all natural meltrx 24 ultra weight loss pills, such as hoodoba hoodia.