Shopping on a budget. It’s more essential these days than ever. Women are not the only species that can spot a bargain; there are some shopping skills that men too can perfect. So, there is no need this year to forgo updating the wardrobe. There are definitely tricks of the trade that men can adopt when shopping.
One of the best ways to make your shopping dollars last is for men to stock up on classic, essential items. These budget-shopping tips for men can help keep any man looking stylish without necessarily breaking the bank.
– Sample Sales: If you live in a relatively large city, then you will come across a fair amount of sample sales, some filled with great wardrobe items from top designers. Once you find an outlet that you like, make sure to sign up for their mailing list so you can be alerted for upcoming sales.
– Wardrobe Review: Before heading out with your credit card, have a look at your wardrobe. If you already have 10 pairs of blue jeans, they should not be on the top of your fashion list. Make a list of things you actually need.
– Sale Cycle: Most stores have set sales cycles. Before you buy items at full price, check with the store and find out the months they have their sales. Some stores have special programs where they hold special sales for preferred customers, so sign up if you can.
– Go Vintage: You’d be amazed at what some people donate to Salvation Army, Goodwill or sell to consignment stores. It is possible to come across items in perfectly good condition, as well as some that sport a designer label.
– Off Season: Although not for the impatient, taking advantage of off-season sales can save a lot of money. You may not feel like buying a wool sweater or full-length coat in the height of summer, but paying up to 75% off is a great price to pay for delayed gratification.
– Go Online: There are tons of online outlets that carry your favorite brands. And if you want to get a bargain on clothes from top designers, then checking out eBay can be a great start, and no one has to know.
– Accessorize: Not just for women. If you want to dress up any low-budget item, pair it with high-end accessories such as a great pair of shoes, belt, or tie.
One key to successful budget shopping is to focus on buying essential items. More than women, men can get away with a lot. Here are some classic must-have items that don’t cost an arm and a leg and that will last you past the next fashion season:
– Jeans: It is possible to get them under $ 100
– T-shirts: Don’t go too cheap, as you want them to last many washes
– Tailored Shirt: Great for dressing up a pair of jeans or casual slacks, not to mention to wear to work
– Good pair of shoes: Ok, this is one thing you do not want to skimp on, as a good pair of shoes can dress up the cheapest outfit. Black shoes will go a long way.
– Pair of black or navy slacks: For those moments when you just can’t show up in jeans, this is a classic casual alternative
– Blazer: For dressing up a pair of jeans or casual slacks when occasions do not necessarily call for a three-piece suit.
Find More Shopping Tips Articles